The Pimbaugh Letter

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip to Asheville, day 2



I woke up early and took a walk, looking for pipsqueaks. The morning was chilly and I was wearing the wrong shoes. But it was fall and my favorite season and the mountains were all around. The road went along the Swannanoa river. Asheville is west of the eastern continental divide. So I'm assuming this water will eventually end up in the Mississippi and eventually the Gulf of Mexico.









Here is another picture.












As the sun started to come out more, I noticed that the mighty kudzu was seemingly unperturbed by fall's chilly breath.










Unfortunately, I was hard-pressed to find any pip-squeaks this morning. However, I did run into Fredbird and his girlfriend Fredericabird. Only Fredbird is in this picture, however, Fredericabird being more demure.













Later, we took a trolley tour of Asheville . . .

0 comments:

Labels