The Pimbaugh Letter

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip to Asheville, day 1

I am on fall break from school. We went to Asheville, North Carolina

First, We went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then we hiked up Mount Pisgah. Pisgah was awash in fall colors.














Here is J en route to the top.













Then we went to a graveyard, Riverside Cemetery in Asheville. The helpful folk at the Asheville Visitor's center pointed us in the right direction and even gave us a map of the cemetery.

We saw Thomas Wolfe's and O. Henry's graves. The following picture is of me standing next to the sign pointing us to O. Henry's grave, whose real name is William Sydney Porter.















I started noticing that there were a lot of pip-squeaks in the graveyard. J, at first scornful of my interest in the furry creatures, became the most intrepid pip-squeak hunter of them all, capturing this one on my camera.

0 comments:

Labels